Our mission at Green World Health Network is to improve health and at the same time create a more sustainable planet. We believe that our future as a people and planet depends on identifying and strengthening the connections between health, quality of life, and the environment. We work towards this goal by implementing innovative projects which utilize green technologies and practices to improve health and quality of life in under-resourced communities in the US and throughout the world.
Green World Health Net Events Calendar
- GWHN’s “Team Green Machine” will participate in 300 mile bike ride in Northern California organize by ClimateRide.org. Proceeds from this fundraiser event will benefit organizations working on climate change issue, including GWHN. Please visit the climate ride.org website to learn more about the event and to support GWHN’s participation.
- Bar Night at Marble Brewery featuring bands, beer, good times and a showing of The Boko Project documentary. Event will be co-sponsored by abqbeer.com and 350.org. TBA
- Greet and Meet and Happy Hour in San Francisco. TBA
- GWHN will participate in Earth Day events in San Francisco and Albuquerque. Stay tuned for more information on dates and times and on how to volunteer with us at these events to help spread word about our work towards promoting a more green and sustainable planet.
- Implementation of Phase 2 of The Boko Project. GWHN staff will join researchers from the Universities of Tulane, Ghana and Switzerland to initiate a one year study in Ghana, West Africa to test the effectiveness of the Boko system for increasing the use of mosquito bed nets. See news article for more info about this project..
- GWHN sponsored “make your own” solar panel and LED light workshop. October 11th and 12th. Visit our news article for more information!
- Members of the GWHN staff and advisers have been selected to present The Boko Project at this year’s national solar conference, Solar 2014, sponsored by the American Solar Energy Society in conjunction with Intersolar North America. The conference will be held July 6-10 in San Francisco. Find information about the solar conference here. We hope to see you there!
- Green World Health Net’s first annual Happy Hour in San Francisco. The happy hour will be held at the Infinity Club Lounge, 333 Main Street San Francisco. May 16, 6-9pm. Please join this fun event and learn more about GWHN’s past, present and future work over cocktails. There will also be a viewing of a documentary made about our Boko Project in Ghana, West Africa.