Our mission at Green World Health Network is to improve health and at the same time create a more sustainable planet. We believe that our future as a people and planet depends on identifying and strengthening the connections between health, quality of life, and the environment. We work towards this goal by implementing innovative projects which utilize green technologies and practices to improve health and quality of life in under-resourced communities in the US and throughout the world.
Green World Health Net Events Calendar
- GWHN will present the Boko Project documentary at our Earth Day events in San Francisco and Albuquerque. Stay tuned for more information on dates and times. Come join us and learn about our work on using alternative and green technologies to help prevent malaria.
- Green World Health Net staff, with our partners from the Swiss Tropical Public Health Institute and the Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research, will conclude our year long Boko Project pilot study in Ghana. After the study data is collected and finalized it will be analyze and several papers will be submitted to academic journals. Preliminary findings are positive and indicate that the Boko System greatly increases the use of mosquito nets and saves lives.
- Green World Health Net is excited to announce that we will receive up to eight new members to the GWHN Board that will be sworn in during our October meeting. An expanded board is needed to help GWHN manage operational growth and plan for the future. If interested in becoming a board member please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Green World Health Net staff will go to Ghana and lead midpoint data collection and crossover for Phase 2 of the Boko Project Study. GWHN staff will be joined by researchers from the Swiss Tropical Public Health Institute and the Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research.
- GWHN’s “Team Green Machine” will participate in 300 mile bike ride in Northern California organize by ClimateRide.org. Proceeds from this fundraiser event will benefit organizations working on climate change issue, including GWHN. Please visit the climate ride.org website to learn more about the event and to support GWHN’s participation.
- Bar Night at Marble Brewery featuring bands, beer, good times and a showing of The Boko Project documentary. Event will be co-sponsored by abqbeer.com and 350.org. TBA
- Greet and Meet and Happy Hour in San Francisco. TBA