Our mission at Green World Health Network is to improve health and at the same time create a more sustainable planet. We believe that our future as a people and planet depends on identifying and strengthening the connections between health, quality of life, and the environment. We work towards this goal by implementing innovative projects which utilize green technologies and practices to improve health and quality of life in under-resourced communities in the US and throughout the world.
Green World Health Net Events Calendar
- Open house at our Recycle Health New Mexico warehouse. Come and learn more about our medical supplies recovery program and meet our staff and volunteers. Food, drinks and entertainment will be provided. TBA
- GWHN sponsored “make your own” solar panel and LED light workshop. October 11th and 12th. Visit our news article for more information!
- Launch of our Living Green on Native Lands Project. Go here to learn more about this new and exciting GWHN project.
- Members of the GWHN staff and advisers have been selected to present The Boko Project at this year’s national solar conference, Solar 2014, sponsored by the American Solar Energy Society in conjunction with Intersolar North America. The conference will be held July 6-10 in San Francisco. Find information about the solar conference here. We hope to see you there!
- We will be conducting the first of several solar panel making workshops in Albuquerque, New Mexico. To receive information on the time and date of the the first solar panel workshop please contact us and we will send you updated information on this event.
- Green World Health Net’s first annual Happy Hour in San Francisco. The happy hour will be held at the Infinity Club Lounge, 333 Main Street San Francisco. May 16, 6-9pm. Please join this fun event and learn more about GWHN’s past, present and future work over cocktails. There will also be a viewing of a documentary made about our Boko Project in Ghana, West Africa.
- Viewing of The Boko Project Documentary on University of New Mexico campus with Q & A session with GWHN executive director and solar experts who have worked on the project in Ghana. TBA
- Green World Health Net will participate in two Albuquerque Earth Day events. The first will be at the University of New Mexico on Tuesday, April 22nd. The second will be on Sunday, April 27th in Nob Hill. We will have solar panels that we made here in the US as well as ones from Ghana and will be using these to charge cell phones at the events. Come and learn more about or organization and sign up for our local solar panel making workshops.